McAfee VirusScan enterprise 8.8 install error 1603 – McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 install error 1603 is very common and resolvable error. This error you may face while installing the threat intelligence exchange module for VirusScan Enterprise. Here we are going to discuss some common issues while installing the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise and their solutions.
Common issues while installing the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise:
- McAfee Error 1603
- McAfee VirusScan failed to install.
- The wizard was interrupted before McAfee VirusScan Enterprise could be completely installed.
- McAfee installation success or error status 1603.
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 silent install.
- The McAfee ePO installation success or error status: 1603
- McAfee VSE 8.8 rolling back action
You may face the above mentioned while installing the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 on your system. You need to perform the basic troubleshooting to fix the error. McAfee Support also offers you the assistance, in case you face any difficulty during the troubleshooting. You may also visit mcafee.com/activate for the further troubleshooting procedure or assistance.
Methods to fix McAfee VirusScan enterprise 8.8 install error 1603:
Method 1 – Try to run McAfee Virtual Technician Tool:
- Open your web browser and visit service.mcafee.com and then click Troubleshoot and Repair.
- Now click Download and Run and then click Save file or run according to your browser.
- Open the downloads folder, double-click on the mvt.exe file to run the installation setup.
- Click yes to confirm the installation and then follow the instructions displaying on the screen.
- Wait until MVT tool installs, initialize, and update and then click Ok to finish the process.
- Check for the issue, if still persists then contact McAfee Support for the help.
Method 2 – Run the Pre-Install tool:
- Download the Pre-Install tool from the manufacturer website and then open the downloads folder.
- Search for the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file and double-click to run the installation setup.
- Follow the instructions to finish the process, to optimize the McAfee installation process.
- After the Pre-Install tool after the successful scan and then try installing the McAfee software again.
Method 3 – Register the DLL file manually:
- First of all, you need to click on the start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Type cmd in the search box, Right click on the search result and then select Run as Administrator.
- In the command prompt, where the cursor is blinking type “regsvr32 jscript.dll” and press enter.
- After the successful registration, you need to restart your system to save the changes you made.
Method 4 – Try to run McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool:
- Visit the manufacturer website and then download MCPR tool.
- Double click on the downloaded file to run the installation setup and then click Agree to accept the License agreement.
- Wait until the installation process is finished and MCPR start scanning the system.
- After the successful installation, restart your device and then retry installing the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise.
If you follow either of the aforementioned methods, then you will be able to resolve McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 install error 1603. If you still need help then feel free to connect with us by contacting McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/activate.