McAfee Error 1920: McAfee protects your system from the viruses and malware and can be installed easily even if you do not have any technical knowledge. As you know that McAfee includes the latest technology, but it may become vulnerable to error also. You may face errors like “McAfee Error 1920” or “McAfee VirusScan Enterprise error 1920”, during the installation of McAfee on your system.
You may see some different error messages with error code 1920, which are:
- Error 1920 service McAfee Framework failed to start to verify that you have
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8m install error 1920
- Error 1923 service McAfee task manager could not be installed.
- The error 1920 service McAfee task manager failed to start.
- Error 1920 McAfee framework service (McAfee Framework) failed to start
All of the above messages may appear during the installation process of the McAfee. If the McAfee validation trust protection service is disabled, then it may cause the Error 1920 while installing McAfee. You can try to fix the McAfee Error 1920 by following the given procedure, if the given method doesn’t work then you may contact McAfee Support for the further help.
Edit the Registry Entries to fix McAfee Error 1920:
- First, you need to click on the start button and then open the Run dialog box.
- Try to press the Windows key + R altogether in order to open the Run dialog box.
- Now type regedit and then press ok or enter to open the registry editor.
- Search the key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\” and then click to open.
- Now select the subkey MFEVTP from the left pane and then click start.
- Click Modify after clicking the start from the right pane and then set the value to 2 in the Value Data field.
- After setting up the value to 2, click Ok and then close the registry editor.
- Now you need to restart your system to save the changes you have made.
After the successful modification in the registry editor, you can try to reinstall the McAfee VirusScan Enterprise on your system. You can also try to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee product from the system in order to resolve the McAfee Error 1920. In case of any difficulty during the installation, you can contact McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/activate for the assistance.