Fix McAfee Antivirus Error 0 – McAfee Antivirus may give you some errors like Error 0, 7305 etc, during the download and installation on your system. By editing the registry entries manually, you can fix McAfee Antivirus Error 0. You can also try some software which automatically scans and repair the registry without any hassle.
You require some professional knowledge to edit the registry manually, so it is suggested to not to edit without any professional help. When you use a registry cleaner, it finds the invalid registry, missing file references, entries and broken links within the registry automatically. Registry Cleaner also creates a backup file before every scan to give you ease of undoing the changes if anything goes wrong.
Steps to repair the Registry entries manually – Fix McAfee Antivirus Error 0:
- First, you need to click on the start button from the bottom left corner of the screen and type Command.
- You need to press enter now while holding the Ctrl + shift keys altogether, in order to open the command prompt.
- Click yes, to allow the permission and then in the command prompt type “regedit” and press enter.
- Select the key related to Error 0, which you want to backup in the registry editor.
- Now you need to select the Export under the file menu and select the folder from the Save In list.
- The folder will be required to save the McAfee Antivirus backup key.
- Now type the name of the backup file in the required field and select the “Selected branch” in the Export range box.
- Click Save in order to save the file with .reg extension.
By following the above method you can create a backup for your registry entry related to McAfee Antivirus. In case of any issue, you can visit mcafee.com/activate for the help. You can also try to clean the junk and temp files from the system to fix the error.
Steps to clean the Temp file and junk – Fix McAfee Antivirus Error 0:
- You need to run the Disk Cleanup in order to clean the temp files and other junk automatically from your system.
- In order to run the Disk Cleanup, click the start button from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Type the command in the search box and hit enter while pressing the Ctrl + Shift altogether.
- Click yes to allow the permission, and then in the command prompt window type “cleanmgr”.
- Press enter to run the Disk cleanup on your system, and then tick the checkboxes and click Ok.
- Now it will start the cleaning automatically.
Most of the disk space will be occupied by the Temporary files, so clearing the temp files will resolve the error. If the error appears again during the installation of your McAfee product then you can try to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee software.
Steps to uninstall and reinstall McAfee product – Fix McAfee Antivirus Error 0:
Uninstalling McAfee product:
- Click the start button and then select the Control Panel from the menu, in case of Windows 7.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 then right click on the start button and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- Click Programs and features and then select uninstall a program from the programs tab.
- You need to select the product from the list of software and then click uninstall.
- Wait until the uninstallation is finished and then restart your system to save the changes.
Redownload and Reinstalling McAfee product:
- Visit mcafee.com/activate and then click Download Now, if you have already used the product key.
- If you did not use the product key then enter the product key in the required field and then click Submit.
- Log in to McAfee account using your email id and password, associated with McAfee.
- Click Install Now, to start the download and then click save file or run, according to your browser.
- Open the downloads folder and then double click on the downloaded file to run the McAfee installation setup.
- Click Agree, to accept the software license agreement and then follow the instructions.
- Enter your product id and email id again, if required and then click Finish to complete the process.
After uninstalling and reinstalling the McAfee software, you may fix McAfee Antivirus Error 0. If you are still getting the same error during the installation then you may contact McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/activate for support.
Hope you like the article related to “Fix McAfee Antivirus Error 0″!